Speciality : Rehabilitation Medicine
Qualifications : MBBS(Mal), FRCP(Glasg), DMRRCP(Lond), FAFRM(Hon)
Specializations : Knee disorders, treatment & rehabilitation, Neck pain rehabilitation, Stroke treatment
Clinical focus :
– Physical impairments and disabilities
Procedure focus :
– Knee disorders, treatment & rehabilitation
– Neck pain rehabilitation
– Stroke treatment
Medical school :
– M.B.B.S University Malaya, Malaysia, 1979
– Diploma in Medical Rehabilitation, Royal College of Physicians, London 1983
– Graduate certificate in Medical Acupunture (Monash) 2002
– Certified Independent Medical Examiners (CIME), USA 2002
Memberships & Associations :
– Royal College of Physicians London
– Honorary fellowship of the Australasian Faculty of Habilitation Medicine, Royal Australasian College of Physician.
– Faculty membership of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Indiana University Hospital, Indianapolis, USA.
– WHO Fellowship in Rehabilitation Medicine.
– World Bank Award for Neurological Rehabilitation subspecialty training in Indiana School of Medicine.
– Darjah Dato¡¯ Paduka Mahkota Perak (DPMP) in honor of the development work in rehabilitation of person with disabilities in Perak as well as academic development of rehabilitation medicine in University of Malaya.
– Setia Mahkota Selangor (SMS) in honour of the development of rehabilitation services for people with disabilities in the state of Selangor 2001
– Darjah Dato’ Paduka Mahkota Perak (DPMP) in honour of development work in rehabilitation of person with disabilities in Perak as well as academic development of rehabilitation medicine in University of Malaya 2002.
Postgraduate training :
– Associate professor in rehabilitation medicine and head of rehabilitation science unit, University of Malaya 1995-present
– Head of medical rehabilitation unit, University of Malaya Medical Centre 1995-present
– Head, Department of Alilied Health Sciences, University of Malaya 2001-present
– Head of Department of Alled Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, KL, Malaysia 1998-2000
– Associate Professor in Rehabilitation Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery Department, University of Malaya, KL, Malaysia 1990-1995
– Clinical Lecturer in Rehabilitation Medicine, Rehabilitation Studies Unit, University of Edinburgh, UK 1990-1991
– Lecturer in Rehabilitation Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Malaya, KL, Malaysia 1983-1990
– Trainee Lecture in Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Malaya, KL, Malaysia, 1980-1983
– House Officer, University Hospital, KL, Malaysia 1979-1980
– Postgraduate training in Medical Rehabilitation at British Post-Graduate Medical Federation University of London, Stoke Manderville Hospital, England 1981-1983
– JSPS Exchange Research Fellowship, University of Tokyo 1994
– Medical Acupuncture, Monash University, Australia 2000-2002
– WHO Fellowship in Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Melbourne 2002
– Neurological Rehabilitation, Indiana University, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, USA 2002-2003